Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy early Birthday to Me!

The Baking Center
Before:
After:

Happy Birthday to me from my in-laws and my husband's hard-earned money. It is a little early, but I couldn't pass up this little treasure!

I saw this hutch at a local Vintage Shop (Poppyseeds) and thought it would be perfect for my baking center area that was just a makeshift area in the kitchen - useful, but not permanent. The hutch was painted blue, which was really cute, but didn't match my kitchen. I offered a deal and a new paint job. They were happy to do it and here it is.
(Now it is time for some cute, non-see-through baskets)

p.s. I can't wait to show you the other items I bought from Poppyseeds. Three pieces that are going to become the sinks/vanities in each of the new bathrooms.



5 comments:

NadineB said...

SWEET!

Boyd Family said...

I love finding birthday presents for myself even when it is NOT even close to my b-day! Happy early b-day to you. Love the new hutch...too cute. I should check out this Poppyseeds!

Troy, Lisa, and Braden said...

It turned out great - I love it!

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Very cute!!! I'm not even going to recognize your house next time we visit!! :)

Sanderson 5 said...

WOW!! Love it... :) Of course, I would never expect to see something in your house that I didn't love... !! Happy B-day in a few days!!