I'm putting our hilltop waterfront property up for sale and starting homeschool tomorrow!
Until now we've only had a waterview property. Today we nearly have a waterfront property so it looks like it might be a good time to sell. :o) Oh, and the siding is finished on the back side of the house. That will help, I'm sure, if someone isn't sure about "the house with the unfinished project".
After 3 missed school days for snow; 2 days and counting for flood; and 2 full weeks of winter break we are going to hit the books bright and early tomorrow morning. (Plus, they'll be missing 2 weeks in March for a trip to Cancun.) The kids are too wet outside, too bored inside, and too irritable with each other so the lesson books are coming out. Eli will be joining us again, as his nanny is flooded in. He'll be learning his abc's and math facts 0 thru 9. Next week we'll start him on multiplication and division.
This is a picture I got from the local news. It isn't our exact view but very, very similiar to the low farmlands just west of us.
This is a landscape/firewood sales establishment not far from our house. It is completely underwater. When I drove past it today I saw a little car just barely above the water level. It is definitely below the surface in this picture. In the very center of the picture there's a tiny black dot beyond the establishment. That is the top of a stop sign. The stop sign is next to a park and ride (widely known as the "park and swim") that is 6+ feet under water. I understand a levee broke and flooded into Stanwood this evening. The water in this picture would have flooded to the right, directly into the town.
So far our friends in the farmland areas around here do not have water in their houses and the water is receding. yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment