Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PAINTING!...again

I've started painting the window trim!! Finishing touches always make it feel like the end is near.
As excited as I am to be painting, I'm ready for this day to be over and will look forward to a new day tomorrow. I think I sniffed a little too much paint. Here's a list of my mishaps:
  1. Thought I was leaning on the window sill, but actually put my entire hand in the paint bucket.
  2. After feeling the cold wet feeling of paint, I shrieked in terror and shook my hand frantically.
  3. Frantic shaking of a hand covered in paint results in white paint splatters on all windows and walls within arm's length.
  4. Tried a new trick my brainy husband thought up: instead of taping off the walls, hold a wide mudding spatula next to the trim and paint a clean line without touching the wall. This would require holding the spatula with my left hand and painting with my right hand.
  5. That would require way more coordination than I have ever had.
  6. After playing Twister on the ladder, I paused to do the dreaded taping.
  7. Never try to tape next to wet paint. I now have more touch ups on the bathroom window trim as a result of taping.
  8. Tonight was a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing. As the right hand was painting, the left hand was dumping paint down my pant leg. Note to self: Always keep the paint tray level.
  9. I spray painted the corner pieces white (because painting them by hand is so tedious). The white soaked in completely and looked white-washed. So, I primered them gray and sprayed them white again. The white only stuck here and there. Now I have gray and white tied-dyed corners. Lovely!
  10. I made a concoction for dinner that was very scrumptious using leftover halibut. That made me feel very smart after such a doofus day.

Oh well, I got the first coat done upstairs and the laundry done done.

5 comments:

the homestead girl said...

Glad I'm not the only one who ends up with more paint on me than the walls! :-)

Traci K said...

Love it! Oh the fun you can have with painting!

Nesting Instincts said...

Twister on a ladder, I thought I invented that game! We'll have to get together and play it some friday night...

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

Thank you for the good laugh! =) I used to work for a painter, so I can totally identify with all of this!

Sanderson 5 said...

You sound like Amelia Bedelia - mess up the tasks at hand, but come out with something wonderful to eat!! :)
Not really - you always do great at whatever you do besides cooking!
I can relate to the tip the paint tray in the left hand while intensly concentrating on right hand painting :) Try chewing gum at the same time - uggghhh!!