Saturday, September 6, 2008

This week's menu

A few of us were talking over the Labor Day weekend about sharing our menu plans. I'm one that likes to fix something different (not necessarily new out of a cookbook) every night and not duplicate more than a couple of times in a months time. It is not always easy to come up with 30 dinners at once. I thought it would be fun to try posting at the end of the week what we had for dinner all week. Some like to plan ahead for the week, some figure it out at dinner time. Posting at the end of the week will give us something to post no matter how we do things!!!

Monday - grilled hamburgers/fruit tray

Tuesday - grilled salmon burgers/salad/fruit

Wednesday - Sundried tomato basil mozerella chicken burgers from Costco (kind of gross, in my opinion) /salad
(I had a lot of onion buns that I needed to use, thus the burgers, burgers, and more burgers!)

Thursday - oriental chicken wraps (popcorn chicken from Costco, lettuce, cheese, grated carrots, bacon bits, Yoshida's original sauce, lightly fried tortillas) (a favorite!)

Friday - end of the first week of school PIZZA by request/ ceasar salad

Saturday - NEW: tajitos (a cross between tacos and fajitas) fresh lemon chicken from Costco baked and chunked, lettuce, cheese, sauteed peppers/onions, guacamole, lime creme (50/50 mayo, sour cream, lime juice, tiny bit of sugar). YUM!

I'm looking forward to getting ideas from you all!

4 comments:

the homestead girl said...

Does that mean I actually have to get it together and cook dinner this week? I guess I can't ride the "but it's the first week of school" train forever.... I'll try to post some meals in the next week or so!

Sanderson 5 said...

Love your new "look" on your blog!
As far as cooking.... hmmm...after I got off the phone with you and I had to run out the door shortly after - I got steaks out of the freezer for Shawn to grill for himself and corn dogs for the kids! I'd better wait to throw my ideas out there! hee hee hee

NadineB said...

Hmmm... those oriental chicken wraps sound good. Did you make this recipe up or did you find it somewhere? I was also wondering if you use flour or corn tortillas?

Randy and Amy said...

Nadine-
I use flour totillas and almost everything I make is made up because I don't like following directions. Doesn't mean it all turns out!