Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No info update

Here's to tell you that I don't have a very exciting update on the house. In fact, all I can do is whine...
Yesterday was supposed to be the big day for carpet. At noon I called the carpet place to find out where they were...."oh, I was just going to call you...I received a fax that there is a delay in production." I've been working with this local store since November and not once - I repeat, not once - has the lady called me. I have called to get my answers every single time. She always has the answer ready, but must have lost her phone and found it when it rang...or something. Looking back, I can't believe I stayed with the same store for 8 months. Lack of communication is my BIGGEST gripe.

So...today we cancelled the order...and today I went looking for another carpet....and today I found something else...and tomorrow it will be in the store ready for delivery. It helped to tell the new store about my unhappy experience. When I said I needed the carpet yesterday they took me seriously!

Now, another whining warning...
Why didn't the in-home grocery delivery idea catch on and stick?
I like to use my time very efficiently, like haul all five laundry baskets down to the laundry room at one time. Or, run errands without backtracking a single time.
It is impossible to grocery shop efficiently. Here's why:
  • push the cart around the store unloading groceries from the shelf into the cart
  • at the register you unload the groceries from the cart to the belt
  • then from the belt to the bags
  • then you load the bags to the cart again
  • then you load from the cart to the vehicle
  • then from the vehicle to the kitchen
  • then out of the bags
  • then into the cupboards/fridge

So much backtracking! So little time! Tell me again why in-home delivery didn't become successful?

  • order groceries
  • greet delivery person
  • put groceries away

I would spend way more money that way. Anyone looking to start a business?

Ok, so it's not all bad. Randy has been working with the tractor (did I say working, I meant living with the tractor :o) since he got it. The back yard is really coming together and we hope to plant grass this weekend. I'm very excited about it because it just sort of evolved as he worked on it and it's turning out spectacular!

3 comments:

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Send me your order and I'll be right over with your groceries!! Hmmm....an excuse to visit...sounds good to me! Except then your list would look like this:
*Order groceries
*Greet delivery person (Me)
*Greet delivery person's kids
*Kiss delivery person's kids
*Snuggle delivery person's kids
*Rock delivery person's kids
*Feed the delivery person's kids the groceries you just ordered
*Play with delivery person's kids

You get the idea....doesn't sound like much of a time saver. :)

Randy and Amy said...

Maybe take more time, but WAY more fun!

NadineB said...

Safeway still does delivery, but maybe you don't have a Safeway up there??? I've never tried having groceries delivered. I guess I kind of like going to all that work!