Randy's parents were out of town over Mother's Day so Linda only got a phone call. On Father's Day, however, they were staying with us so we tried to make it up and do something special for them together.
We planned a 5 course dinner, served by the kids in our sunroom. It was at sunset, the birds were chirping and feeding just beyond their table. A romantic setting with soft piano music playing...if you didn't notice the dollhouse, babies half dressed, remote control cars, and Barbie CD player in the corner of the room! For all of you who know Linda, you know how hard it is to get her out of the kitchen...especially around meal time. She is always cooking. I was trying to be patient, but I knew she'd have the whole dinner done if I didn't get "harsh" with her. I finally had to say, "After you're done with what you're doing there, I need you to go to your motorhome until further notice!" She says, "What?! Oh, I'll just be a few minutes, and then I'll set the table, and then I'll make the salad, and then I'll put dinner in the oven, and then I'll get out of your hair." It was about then when I started shoving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment